It’s cold in here. It’s cold outside. The sun is shining, and there’s a stiff October wind blowing.
Mom walked over to the corner of the room where the big and little Witches Brooms hang (the big one is for long trips, the small one, for just going to the corner store and back). She flicked a switch and the glass pane that I’d never noticed lit up and an awful stench filled the house.
Mom opened up all the windows and gave me a blanket. She explained that the fireplace hadn’t been used in a number of years, and she had to burn off the dust and cobwebs and yucky smell. So the windows had to be open since it’s a good, breezy day. BRRRRR!
Dad said to let the fireplace burn (it’s a gas fireplace, Mom would have liked the real thing) for about four hours to get rid of the smell, and while she was at it, why not turn the oven on, too (it got a little dirty from Erik’s party). Mom said, “No way, Maggie and I have to smell this stuff!” So the oven will wait for another day.
As for me, I threw off the blanket and headed upstairs to make a nest in Mom and Dad’s freshly-made bed. Muahahaha! When she closes the windows, I’ll come downstairs.
Woof! Stay snuggly. Love, Maggie